Social Services for Russian Speaking
Social Services for Russian Speaking (SSRS): We offer services for a special population of aging adults identified as Russian-speaking immigrants.
These Services include:
- English as a Second Language Classes
- SSI, SSI+SS, disability benefits, Medicare and Medicaid and others
- Restitution to those who were victims of Holocaust
- Food stamps and systematic monitoring of this program
- Immigration forms and documents, such as applications for permanent resident status, temporary passport, work permit, and family reunifications as well as further assistance when problems arise
- Housing matters
- High quality medical interpretation at doctor’s offices and hospitals
- Translation of important correspondence: medical and other bills, serving as a liaison between our client and different organizations, help writing important letters,
- Family conflicts (guardianship documentation, medical insurance for children)
In addition to the services offered to Russian-speaking clients, we have interpretation and translation services available for persons who speak Russian, Polish, Ukrainian, Hebrew, Yiddish, Serbian and Bosnian/Croatian languages.