Independent Living, Inclusive Community
THE RIGHT TIME AND RIGHT PLACE FOR INDEPENDENT SENIORS
Deerwood Crossing Senior Residences offers affordable, independent living options for eligible adults age 55 and older. Located in the village of Brown Deer, Deerwood Crossing is just minutes away from shopping, restaurants and entertainment options in Glendale, Cedarburg, Mequon and Grafton. Easy access to I-43 makes trips to downtown Milwaukee and General Mitchell Airport a breeze.
The lobby features a large stone fireplace with a cozy seating area near a beautiful baby grand piano. Residents have full access to a café area, community room, private dining room, a library/business center, beauty/barber salon and fitness room.
There is free surface parking and limited underground and indoor parking. All apartments have full kitchens with Energy Star® appliances, bathrooms with comfort height toilets and accessible showers, individually controlled heat and air conditioning, keyless entry, lever hardware on doors for ease of use, cable access and Internet.
LIFE AT HOME
Residents can relax in their own comfortable, contemporary studio, one- or two-bedroom apartment. Details like lever door handles and safety showers respond to the unique needs of seniors. Units also feature fully appointed kitchens with Energy Star™ appliances, though many residents enjoy their meals in the community dining room.
- Studio, one- and two-bedroom apartments
- Keyless entry for ease of use
- Personally-controlled heat and air conditioning
- Kitchens feature high-texture flooring and easy-to-clean laminate counter tops in deep granite tones
- In-unit washer and dryer (select apartments)
- Balconies or terraces (select apartments)
- Surface and limited underground parking
- Cable ready
- Free wireless Internet access
- Handicap accessible
- Pets welcome
LIFE IN THE COMMUNITY
Like a true community, neighbors have many opportunities to develop new friendships or invite family members over. With the majority of our residents beyond retirement age, almost anything they may need is within reach. We have created an environment that has in every way raised the bar in affordable housing.
- Private Dining Room.
- Residents can entertain up to 10 guests for lunch or dinner.
- Library/Computer Lab.
- Computers and printer access, plus free wireless Internet access. Fiction and non-fiction books and a selection of current magazines are also available to be checked out.
- Community Rooms and Sun Rooms Where family, friends, neighbors and volunteers gather for scheduled and spontaneous activities.
- A private workout room specially designed for seniors, available to all residents 24/7.
On-site hair dresser and barber services available (by appointment).
A safe, outdoor destination for our “little visitors.”
Piano Room and Café Lounge
A welcoming destination for coffee in the morning or a mid-afternoon snack to enjoy the various musical guest performers.
Bingo, baking classes, scrapbooking, arts and crafts opportunities, gardening and more.
Underground parking or Surface Parking
Community residents will have access to free parking for their cars-either surface lots or underground parking (available on a first-come, first-served basis).
Considering Deerwood Crossing as your new home?
Deerwood Crossing is a high quality, affordable housing community. As a Section 42 project, rental amounts are determined based upon other rental rates and the median income in the community. This ensures our rates are financially reasonable for applicants.
Each applicant’s income is verified to ensure it is within specific guidelines. Then, the prospective resident is matched with an appropriate apartment. If an applicant’s income falls outside the guidelines, we will recommend a market rate apartment if one is available.
One of our leasing specialists would be happy to explain the details to you more fully and provide you with more information about becoming a member of our Deerwood Crossing community
Deerwood Crossing leasing office
4195 W Bradley Rd.
Milwaukee, WI 53209
Phone (414) 354-4700